• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

He lost on "Jeopardy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

I didn't see this,just reporting what a co-worker-knowing I'm a TJB fan(I think my "Bullish" t-shirt was a giveaway)-relayed to me. The game show "Jeopardy" recently used a snippet of "Tijuana Taxi" on a Daily Double question-the contestant couldn't identify the song. The contestant was probably born years after this was a hit,but,gee,I could probably name a bunch of 1940s material-all of which was made before I was born. Mac-a child of the '50s-prime Boomertime

JeopOrdy?

Dan, who would have been so nervous to be on tv he probably would have called it THE SPANISH FLEA...

OK, Rudy applied the magic wand and the word jeopardy is no longer in...umm...jeopardy. :wink:

DAN BOLTON said:
JeopOrdy?

Dan, who would have been so nervous to be on tv he probably would have called it THE SPANISH FLEA...

I actually did just that once, though I'm still ashamed to admit it. We were playing some kind of couples trivia at a resort or on a cruise somewhere, and in the music round, "Tijuana Taxi" was played - parts without the taxi horn. I got this big smile, and my wife knowing I was a huge TjB fan, just allowed me to go ahead and write down the answer, which I did - "Spanish Flea". We subsequently just missed the big prize, whatever it was, by that one question.

Quite embarassing, I must say. :oops:

Fred
...too ashamed to use his real name, online...

This thread reminded me of Weird Al Jankovic's hilarious "I Lost On Jeopardy" parody of the '80s Greg Kihn Band tune "(Our Love's In) Jeopardy).
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom