• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb Alpert quad mixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had an 8-track - never heard 'em. Did any make it to LP?

Harry

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only two TJB LPs to get the Quad treatment were Whipped Cream & Other Delights and Greatest Hits. I remember seeing them but I never heard them -- the "Quad" fad died rather quickly and it was well before I was of an age to have a paying job...

--Bill

Bill,
Right you are..it was rumored that Coney Island was to be released as well. Just some more trivia to keep our minds active. By the way the quad mixes are ok....some of the other A&M quad mixes are better.
Phil

I had a buddy with a quad set-up but it was not a good one. I'll bet it was a great concept- enough time and competing systems killed it quick.

I never heard the TJB tapes, but if they were mixed the way a lot of quads were, where the trumpets and bass were in one corner and the drums in another and the piano and guitar in another and the marimba in another, it would have sucked.

Quad was a good idea, it just had the wrong application. It was actually ahead of its time. If they could have applied it to movies first and music second, it would have taken off just as surround-sound has taken off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom