• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb Alpert & the TJB "Volume 2" / "Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorba_the_greek

I am a new member to The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass forum.

I am interested in information regarding the Herb Alpert & the TJB "Volume 2" and "Sounds Like..." albums on CD.

Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

zorba_the_greek said:
I am a new member to The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass forum.

I am interested in information regarding the Herb Alpert & the TJB "Volume 2" and "Sounds Like..." albums on CD.

Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the Corner!

Volume 2 was released on CD in the 80's, but has long been out of print. Sounds Like... has never been on CD. You may see Volume 2 on eBay once in a while, but be prepared to pay big bucks for it and most other out-of-print CDs. It can get ugly. :confused:

Capt. Bacardi
...enjoying a sunny, 80 degree day online...

Captain Bacardi said:
Volume 2 was released on CD in the 80's, but has long been out of print. Sounds Like... has never been on CD. You may see Volume 2 on eBay once in a while, but be prepared to pay big bucks for it and most other out-of-print CDs. It can get ugly. :confused:
I am a new member from Germany to this forum and would like to give my contribution to this topic.
I have the following informations for never-released CDs from an ebay seller who was selling the S.R.O. CD:

"A number of Herb Alpert's albums have Never been released on CD in the US. They are:

S.R.O.
Sounds Like..
Ninth
Warm
The Brass Are Comin'
Summertime
You Smile-The Song Begins
Coney Island
Just You And Me(Solo)
The Main Event "Live"(with Hugh Masekela)
Beyond(Solo)

S.R.O. was only released in Japan in 1987. The Brass Are Comin' at the same time was also. These are the two most sought after Herb Alpert CD's!! Curiously, only a small number were pressed.

There has been no official explanation why the rest of his catalog never got released. Some titles were only in print for a short time. "

So you could have a chance to buy the japanese releases, but reserve a lot of $$$.

Joe

jobu said:
S.R.O. was only released in Japan in 1987. The Brass Are Comin' at the same time was also. These are the two most sought after Herb Alpert CD's!! Curiously, only a small number were pressed.

S.R.O., The Brass Are Comin' and Beyond were issued in Japan. Interesting that the original TJB titles that never made it to CD in the US were also the ones that went out-of-print on vinyl during the 70's. I don't know if that had anything to do with these titles not being on CD or not.

Capt. Bacardi
...just finished mowing for the first time this year, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom