• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

herb/lani collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzdre

about three years ago when herb was getting an honorary degree from berklee college,he gave an interview for the school. during the interview,he mentioned that he and lani were collaborating on a project,where they would be doing classic standards. since that time,nothing has ever come out.what's up?record company screwups?bad timing because of what's going on in the music industry? was it ever made,and at the last moment,herb and lani decide to shelve it? i really would like to know,cause i was looking forward to it(and still am)

Since that time many things happened. Almo Sounds was sold, something happened to Windham Hill Jazz (where Lani had released Brasil Nativo from), and the rest we just don't know about. Only Herb can answer these questions.

Capt. Bacardi

Yeah, Windham Hill had yet another housecleaning, courtesy of BMG. With Almo Sounds in permanent limbo, neither of them apparently have a label, unless they work a licensing deal with Universal and release it under an A&M imprint.

The only rumblings I've heard from a few different sources is that there is some activity going on with the old TJB masters. We'll keep our fingers crossed that we see something soon! :) And the moment we find anything out, we'll post it on the home page. I'm anxious myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom