• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb & Lani - Union, NJ 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
book01.jpg

book02.jpg

book03.jpg

book04.jpg

book05.jpg

book06.jpg

book07.jpg

Set list:

Fascinating Rhythm
Para Raio
Besame Mucho
Blackbird
Let's Face The Music And Dance
Berimbau
It's Only A Paper Moon
That Old Black Magic
Viola Fora de Moda/Zanzibar (from Brasil Nativo)
Morning Coffee
I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
Anything Goes
'Til There Was You
Happy Birthday
O Pato
I've Got You Under My Skin
Laura
1st ENCORE - Antonio Carlos Jobim Medley
2nd ENCORE - Night And Day, What Now My Love

You'll note that there was an addition to the set list for the night. Herb and the Band not only surprised Lani with a jazzy rendition of Happy Birthday, but a crew member brought out a birthday cake with candles aglow for Lani to blow out! She was really surprised and the audience loved it. The show resumed and we heard short snippets of Happy Birthday woven into a couple more songs.

Having seen Monday night's show, the tunes were still fresh in our memories, it was clear that Herb, Lani and the Band took their playing and singing in a slightly different direction - in a good way. It was of the moment, everyone was right out on top and their sound really cooked!

Sorry to say, I have no performance photos of the night, as this venue strictly prohibited doing so. Also, for reasons unknown, there were no tour souvenirs on sale that night. I suspect this was also a venue prohibition. We did get back stage to say hello and get a photo with Herb & Lani, as you can see below. I do have some Bill Cantos news, which I'll post separately.

DSC0002a.jpg

Back stage after the Kean Stage show -
(left to right) Steve Sidoruk, Herb, Stephen Vakil, Lani

Hi Steve!

While you have no stage photos of that night, your wonderful pics from Ridgefield make up for it!

What wonderful shows and what a wondferful week!

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom