• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb & Lani's New Album - "In The Mood"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if you order it from Amazon you get both the physical version AND you can download it, too. (At least, on most music albums that seems to be true.)

I think most new releases have MP3 downloads available. With catalog titles, it's a bit of work to go back and do that on hundreds of thousands of albums.

Can't say I've ever downloaded though. The recent Dire Straits LP reissue had a download card inside but, being Universal, of course it was only on crappy MP3. And not to mention, with it being an import, I can't download it anyway. :shrug: It's OK since the LP sucked--typical Universal. Great music, perfect remastering by Chris Bellman (at Grundman's), and Universal cheaped it out and got some cheap plant to press it, so it's all noisy. Both copies. :rolleyes:

I'm going to see the concert in Patchogue, NY on Oct 12th and hope to pick up the CD there. Anyone else coming..?

- greetings from the north -
Martin

So close, but yet so far. :wink: We'll be at the Hartford show the night before - just 30 minutes from home. Almost the shortest commute to a Herb show, except for 1974, when the theatre was 5 miles away!

Bill Cantos hinted on Facebook that they are going to be in Whitefish and Bozeman MT. The website mentions Whitefish, which is over 500 two-lane-highway miles from here. Bozeman is only 240 miles on the I-90/94, so it's a more doable (and very scenic) 4 hour drive. But no mention of Bozeman on the website yet. I really wish they would land in Billings, which is only 80 minutes away from me and has a killer performing arts theater (same one where I saw Burt Bacharach years ago).

I can't wait until the 30th, but even more I can't wait until the 11th of October to hear Herb and Lani in person in Hartford!! I had tickets to a concert in Atlanta 40 years ago and then it was cancelled. Fortunately, my daughter lives in Connecticut so I get to visit her, too.

I'm really loving the "Don't Cry" song using the groove from "Summertime". In fact, I just took both songs and combined them at the fade of "Summertime". Luck was with me and the two just lined up perfectly with an almost undetectable segue. I'll bet I have less luck when the actual CD gets here.

Harry

So close, but yet so far. :wink: We'll be at the Hartford show the night before - just 30 minutes from home. Almost the shortest commute to a Herb show, except for 1974, when the theatre was 5 miles away!

Steve,

On my reading this thread last evening, I missed that you were going to the Hartford show, too. Should we try to say hi! to each other before or after the concert?

Carol aka Munchkn

There was an advertisement for IN THE MOOD today on CBS SUNDAY MORNING. It featured a large image of the cover art, with text and the announcer indicating that exclusive bonus tracks were available through Amazon and that the album would be out Tuesday. Background music was "Chattanooga Choo-Choo."

Harry

Already got tickets! I didn't know it was on sale yet -- but just googled it on impulse one night and there it was. I would like to have gotten better seats (we're near the back of the main floor) but it'll still be great. Now if only the weather holds up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom