• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb On The Weather Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Just a note that in the past couple of days "Route 101" (the Fandangoversion) was playing on the Weather Channel during my local forecast. TWC has a better playlist than most radio stations. :confused:

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
Just a note that in the past couple of days "Route 101" (the Fandangoversion) was playing on the Weather Channel during my local forecast. TWC has a better playlist than most radio stations.

And a couple nights ago I heard a very TJB-sounding slice of "This Guy's In Love With You" backing a car commercial...sorry, can't remember what kind of car...but the theme was carried slow-tempo by a melancholy trombone reminscent of Bob Edmondson's sound.

Mike

Speaking of Saturn, does anybody know the name of the tune the guy is singing in the Ion commercial ? It sounds like he's saying ... "Well, I've seen...", but that's all I can make out;and the melody is just fabulous...I just don't know who does it. If a CD is available...I'd buyit...

Dan

Like the rest of you who have replied to this post, I was also watching my local forcast and also heard Route 101 playing. I thought it sounded familiar, so I popped in my Definitive Hits CD and sure enough.

The Weather Channel should play more of Herb!

When the Holiday Forum was up I visited the Weather Channel site for some Vince Guaraldi info and found that they have a forum devoted the local forcast music beds. Just so everyone knows,they do indeed list DEFINITIVE HITS as their source for "Route 101" but the artist listed is HERB ALBERT. This month's offerings include such diversity as Joshua Redmen,the Stones,Love Unlimited Orchestra,Boney James(sorry) and,I dunno,some group named Yellowjackets(I understand that they have an informative website) -they had their name spelled correctly. BTW,the Lehigh Valley is home to what is believed to be the first 24/7 TV channel devoted exclusively to local weather-the Accuweather Channel-and they use some similar smooth jazz/new age sounds but also put audio commercials over the music-they don't miss a trick to $ell. Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom