Herb's "Laugh-In" appearance on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
There's a new 3-disk collection of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In shows out, featuring six unedited shows. The guest star list includes:

Johnny Carson, Danny Kaye, Dinah Shore, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Jack Benny(!), Milton Berle, Buddy Hackett, Mickey Rooney, Truman Capote...and Herb Alpert.

Anyone seen this Alpert appearance? Is it just one of those blackout gags?

Mike Blakesley said:
Anyone seen this Alpert appearance? Is it just one of those blackout gags?

I saw one of them just a couple of weeks ago on the Trio channel (see related thread). Wasn't he on a couple of the shows? I'm not 100% sure on this.

Capt. Bacardi

Beleive it or not, I did research on another site, and Herb and the Brass were guests on the Sept. 23, 1968 episode. No other appearances were listed.

He did one episode where he stood by Sock It To Me Girl, Judy Carne, and squirted her with water spraying out of his trumpet.

He also started to count off the intro to WHIPPED CREAM, but Dick Martin stopped him, saying, "I didn't know you played the trombone..." Herb looked down at the trombone in his hand and said, "I don't..." and walked off the stage.

Also, there was one brief moment whern he played a long note, and a balloon inflated out the end of his horn...I think it blew up, but I don't really remember.
1968 was a loooonnnnggg time ago...

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom