Herb's most tossed away LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got these quotes from Spectropop. Do we dispose of old records like we throw out old magazines? What do you think? Later......Jay

"Interestingly enough the single most tossed away LP was Herb
Alpert's "Whipped cream and other Delights"...how can this be?? On
the grounds of its cover alone it's a keeper."

"Seems to me it's just fallout from the millions of LPs Herb moved
back in his day, most of them to the sort of people who'd dispose
of old records almost as easily as they'd throw out old magazines."
Youngwerth

They're as common as used copies of Eagles' Greatest Hits, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours and Boz Scaggs' Silk Degrees...IOW, you see them everywhere.

I hate to admit it, but I threw away my share of Herb Alpert albums (including Whipped Cream) years ago. Along with selling my 68 Chevelle Malibu, 63 Ford Galaxy and 57 Chevy truck.
I keep thinking of that scene from "Raiders" when an archeologist is exclaiming he is wearing a $5.00 watch and if he were to throw it into the sand, a thousand years later it will be priceless."

I was thinking, too, that a lot of these copies may have been unplayable anyway--left out of their jackets for months on end, played on crude equipment that was common back in the 60's. No keepers, in other words.

I have the original plastic still on the jackets of all my old record albums. They still look new 35 years later. HOW ANAL IS THAT? :nut: Later...amigos........Jay

Hmmm...gives me an idea of how many "Junk Records" there are out there...and which ones are commonly seen anywhere from Thrift Stores to curbsides to alleys!

Dave

...a "demolisher" of throw-aways, as well... :bigevil:

Jay Maynes/Juan Oskar said:
I have the original plastic still on the jackets of all my old record albums. HOW ANAL IS THAT? :nut:

Nothing like a little protection these days! :winkgrin:

Capt. Bacardi
...with the A/C on for the first time this year, online...

Murray said:
:shock: Mr Bill, you are SO BAD!! :wink:
Kinda gives a whole new meaning to the title "Whipped Cream"! :oops: :goofygrin:
Jay Maynes/Juan Oskar said:
I have the original plastic still on the jackets of all my old record albums. HOW ANAL IS THAT?
the good Captain B said:
Nothing like a little protection these days!

In an effort to be even "badder" (batter?) may I suggest we change the subject line of this thread from "Most Tossed Out" to "Most Tossed Upon"????

--Mr Bill
expecting a an email spanking from Neil in a few seconds...

Mr Bill said:
In an effort to be even "badder" (batter?) may I suggest we change the subject line of this thread from "Most Tossed Out" to "Most Tossed Upon"????

Better than a tossed salad... :hurl:

Capt. Bacardi
...really really crossing the line online.. :shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom