📣 News HERB'S NEW ALBUM, "WISH UPON A STAR," DUE SEPT 15TH

It's a lot of fun. It could have been a part of "The Brass Are Coming". Herb is clearly honouring the TJB heritage. That was also my impression after the concert in London in the beginning of June.

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Nice... Perhaps Herb could hit the Country charts with this one...

--Mr. Bill

Uh yeah, this is not going to make the 2023 country charts. But I really like it! It would indeed have been right at home on The Brass Are Comin'.

"Smokey and the Bandit" has been playing on Netflix lately. I wonder if Herb and Lani were Netflixing one night, watched the movie and he got inspired to record the song.

Uh yeah, this is not going to make the 2023 country charts. But I really like it! It would indeed have been right at home on The Brass Are Comin'.

"Smokey and the Bandit" has been playing on Netflix lately. I wonder if Herb and Lani were Netflixing one night, watched the movie and he got inspired to record the song.
Anything is possible my friend I read somewhere he saw the movie back in the day and liked the song. But again Who really knows?

Okay, so it's the song from "Smokey and the Bandit", and the video clearly wants to make the connection, but it uses clips from other "chase-oriented" movies to do it.

Interesting choice.

More like a "not wanting to pay Universal Pictures' outrageous licensing fees" choice. Are any of those clips recognizable from anything or is it all just stock footage?

I'm curious who the guitarist(s) is or are. All this needs is a little marimba and it would be classic TJB.

More like a "not wanting to pay Universal Pictures' outrageous licensing fees" choice. Are any of those clips recognizable from anything or is it all just stock footage?

I'm curious who the guitarist(s) is or are. All this needs is a little marimba and it would be classic TJB.

Some of it appears to be from the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" (1974). There's also some stuff that looks like it might be from 70s-era cop/detective TV shows.

Yes - looking at the track list, I don't see even one other tune that "hints" at a country direction. Although, granted, with Herb you never know what you're gonna get.

He's headed for the Opry so it's right there. He has a lot of cool country based tunes like "I'm An Old Cowhand" , "Tennessee Waltz", etc..

Amazon is saying up to a month to deliver after release date. Really? Mr Alpert’s stuff has been delivered same day in the past here.

Happened recently to the new Vince Gill & Paul Franklin album as well. And I had preordered the thing like two months prior.

Possible for HAP to get on Bandcamp so one can at least get a hi res digital version while awaiting cd?

Herb has a short interview on Mojo today. He talks briefly, and passionately about Carpenters, especially Karen, and Close To You.

Amazon is saying up to a month to deliver after release date. Really? Mr Alpert’s stuff has been delivered same day in the past here.

Many CD orders on Amazon will let you download the MP3s too. If that works for Herb's album, you could just listen to the album via Amazon streaming, and then get the CD later if you're inclined.

If that DOESN'T work, you could play the album on your computer and use Audacity to record it and then export it onto your hard drive, then listen to it at your leisure. I've done that with albums that aren't available to buy on CD.

Many CD orders on Amazon will let you download the MP3s too. If that works for Herb's album, you could just listen to the album via Amazon streaming, and then get the CD later if you're inclined.

If that DOESN'T work, you could play the album on your computer and use Audacity to record it and then export it onto your hard drive, then listen to it at your leisure. I've done that with albums that aren't available to buy on CD.
Hmmm. Nice suggestion on audacity. May have to try that. Generally try to avoid mp3 by amazon. Maybe my inner Neil Young.

Now amazon is saying Nov 1 for delivery. If I was Neil, I might write a letter to the Big A: Eat a peach! Lol

If someone here is connected to Mr Alpert’s people, would you please pass this along as well as my suggestion to list on Bandcamp.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4876.png
    IMG_4876.png
    439.5 KB · Views: 3
I really like that one. Usually I don't like to listen to songs ahead of the complete album, but I've made a couple of exceptions for this Herb release. Sounds good so far!

I like the throwback sound of "His Latest Flame." (my favorite Elvis song), but I didn't like the way he slowed down the bridge the second time it was played. The first time around, it sounded great. But the second time it was like putting the brakes on a nice groove he had going.

I just pre-ordered my copy yesterday supposed to come on the 19th but we will see how that goes but nevertheless I'm looking forward to this one.

Back
Top Bottom