Herman's Hermits "Retrospective"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I just bought the Herman's Hermits "Retrospective" (ABKCO) on CD which also plays on Super Audio. Don't be fooled if you see the STEREO logo because the songs "It's Nice To Be Out In The Morning" (1967) (which kinda reminds me of Punch 1971 song "Fallin' Lady") :tongue: & the song "Museum" (written by Donovan & reminds me of the Beatles song "It's All Too Much" from the "Yellow Submarine" soundtrack) (which went to # 39 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts back in September of 1967) are the only 2 songs. The rest of the songs are in MONO. One song that is missing from the "Retrospective" set is "The Most Beautiful Thing In My Life" which went to # 131 on the Billboard Bubbling Under The Hot 100 Charts (1 week) back in October 12, 1968. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Also, there's a new Animals compilation from ABKCO that is a CD/SACD hybrid. I have not picked up either of them yet, but plan to. ABKCO has really done a good job with these hybrids (the Stones, IMHO, sound fantastic), and for the most part they've found the correct versions of songs for these two compilations (which is important for those who remember the mono single versions that got airplay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom