• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

how's wendell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzdre

i was just wondering:how's wendell johnson doing? it was thru his site that i first discovered all things alpert/tjb,and it was thru his site that i discovered a&m corner! i heard he had cancer,and was very sorry to hear that. i was perusing thru this site before i became a member,and some of you said you heard he was doing a bit better. i hope he's doing much better,and my prayers go out to him. i also hope that herb,jerry and gil send him a little get well card,or a note of inspiration,and their prayers to him,because they had a big fan and champion in wendell.

I haven't heard anything recently...we all would hope he gets well enough to pop in and pay us a visit! :)

Last time I spoke with him, which was about a month ago, he was doing a little better. I will probably check in on him in the next few days and I'll let everyone know how he's doing. I'm glad to see that there is ongoing concern for Wendell as he is a very decent and kind person and of course, a fellow A&M enthusiast. Our prayers are with him and we all pray for him to beat his illness.

David,
Counting his blessings, online....

I know that Shirley has corresponded with Wendell a time or two over the last few months, but haven't heard anything since. I dropped him a line when I heard about the illness, but never heard back. Shirley then dropped me a line saying he had received and appreciated my e-mail and he would write when he felt up to it. Next thing I heard, he was feeling quite a bit better -- the best news of all!! Like everyone else, our prayers and good thoughts are always with him. He's a good guy!

Here's to you, Wendell! :wink:

Jon

it was thru that i first discovered all things alpert/tjb, and it was through his site i discovered a&m corner.

That goes for me too! Back in 1999, I was looking for information about Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass, preverably who in the group was still alive, which albums, were still in print, and a little history. I clicked on his site and explored it! Wonderful. I then joined his message board and learned a lot of info about one of my favorite musicians. I also found this site on the link page.

Thanks for that, Mr. Johnson! God be with you and I hope you'll beat this thing! :sad:

P.S. Does anyone on the board know what happened to his message board? Is he shutting down the site? Certain sections transport you to an error message saying that part of the page may no longer exist. If this is the case, I can certaintly understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom