• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

I Am New!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfterSunrise

Hello Everyone!

I was thrilled to discover this Forum as I have had Sergio Mendes music in my life since birth! (Mom had several Brasil '66 albums and a Brasil '77 album). 35 years later, I have a case of Sergio albums and am slowly trying to replace them on compact discs. (WOW are they expensive, AND very heavily bid on when you find them on eBay!! RATS!)

I am sure I will have many questions to post since there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this Board. It's a thrill to know that I am not alone when it comes to adoring Sergio and Friends' music!! I look forward to sharing with you all, and learning much. Thank you for creating this great place!

AfterSunrise

Welcome, AfterSunrise. It's always nice to have new faces around here. And things have been slow on the Mendes front - so any action here will be a nice change.

Harry
...awaiting the "Christmas Song" by Brasil '66 on an official CD, online...

WOW are they expensive

True, but don't buy them on eBay. Watch dustygroove.com or gemm.com and you'll find them at around $20 or maybe less. You can buy EQUINOX and LOOK AROUND in any decent record store at "regular" CD prices, and if you want a good compilation, the FOURSIDER set is a nice A&M overview and not too expensive. Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the welcome, Friends, and thank you for the info, Mike. I have the CD of "Look Around" and I absolutely love it. Hearing "The Frog" on CD for the first time was a thrill! :D I am so used to the scratchy LPs that I grew up with.

I look forward to eventually getting the "Primal Roots" album on CD.

AfterSunrise said:
Thank you for the welcome, Friends, and thank you for the info, Mike. I have the CD of "Look Around" and I absolutely love it. Hearing "The Frog" on CD for the first time was a thrill! :D I am so used to the scratchy LPs that I grew up with.

I look forward to eventually getting the "Primal Roots" album on CD.

Dusty Groove has had it listed there. Not sure if it's back in stock or not (I only check there once every couple of months), but when all the A&M Japan CDs were released, I think Dusty had them for $17.99 each...and raised them to $19.99 after a couple of months. Not as cheap as domestic, but they're good, solid CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom