I Belong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
You know, I had never really appreciated the song "I Belong" until seeing Herb perform it on the Sentry Special...awesome experience. I put on the Lp earlier this evening and have to say that I have a new understanding of the song. I don't know, maybe I never listened to the lyrics, which are sensational.

And, I wondered why Herb wasn't singing it to Lani on the special. That's when I really began listening to the words. It occured to me that it would not be appropriate for a newly married Herb to be singing, "So why in the world question me?" to his new bride...duh, Skinner! :oops:

Jon

...who learned a lesson about listening to lyrics...

Jon--I believe the composer of this song posted a message on our old forum. Would be worth digging that up one of these days. :)

WebMeister Rudy said:
Jon--I believe the composer of this song posted a message on our old forum. Would be worth digging that up one of these days. :)

Yep. Goran Frishtorp. I think I recall he's from up in Martin Alfsen's neck of the woods, so to speak... I say it would be worth digging up that thread...

--Mr Bill

I like this song as well. It's really two songs in one, and the way the two halves sort of "mesh" together at the end is really cool. This is one of my favorite Herb vocals.

Yes, Göran Fristorp is from up here. Actually he's from Sweden - our closest neighbours to the east. He has enjoyed a very succesful career in his home country as a singer/songwriter and is very popular here in Norway too. I've never met him, but at one time I asked him to be a guest vocalist on a recording that I produced, but unfortunately he declined. When "I belong" was released as a single here, I remember the distribution company put on a sticker that the song was composed by Fristorp and the Swedish title: "Vägen hem" or something like that.

Greeetings from the north

Martin

He would probably be pleased that his song has come up in discussion again. Not bad for a relatively unknown track on an LP that wasn't really a hit seller.

Mike Blakesley said:
I like this song as well. It's really two songs in one, and the way the two halves sort of "mesh" together at the end is really cool. This is one of my favorite Herb vocals.

Mike has an excellent point here. I like the ending also. Who wouldn't love Lani's amazing harmony here?

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom