I need your opinions RE: Song Title

Which title do you thing would be the most appropriate?

• Senor Wechter

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Viva La Baja Marimba

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • We'll Marimba You

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • El "Don" Julius

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who's That in the Picture?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Return to Brasilia

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my CD out in the next few weeks I want to title an instrumental in memory to Julius Wechter. I'd be very happy to see what you all say. I don't know if I need or should have permission from the family to use the name in the title so that's why I have other titles here. The song is a samba in the style of "I'll Marimba You" and "Taco Belle" Gracias amigos...Jay

Senor Wechter
Viva La Baja Marimba
We'll Marimba You
El "Don" Julius
Who's That in the Picture?
Return to Brasilia

I like Viva La Baja Marimba. It sounds very Spanish/Mexican; it uses the Baja Marimba name, therefore people who don't know the name "Julius Wechter" but DO remember the BMB name will get the reference. Plus it's just a cool, musical sounding title.

Senor Wechter, just sounds sorta, I don't know, it's a nice tribute but I just don't like it as a song title. Maybe you could put a note in the credits: "(title) is in memory of Julius Wechter, probably the most admired marimba artist of the 20th century" or something to that effect."

While I understand Mike's point regarding the name and agree with his reasoning, I think the expalnation he gives is eactly why "Senor Wechter" is the better name -- the idea of explaining the dedication serves the same purpose and explains who "Senor Wechter" is. Can't wait to hear it...

--Mr Bill

I'm not sure whether any of these titles fit. I chose "Returning To Brasilia", but wonder if maybe something like "Back To Baja" or maybe "Memories Of Baja" might be a better alternative. Maybe even "Back Door To Baja", to play on the "Comin' In The Back Door" & "Goin' Out The Side Door" titles. I guess it won't really matter as long as the tune is good! :wink: I'll be looking forward to hearing the new CD!

Capt. Bacardi

How about just "JULIUS"? Or, PARA JULIUS...sort of like FOR CARLOS? WE'LL MARIMBA YOU might be a copyright issue...dunno...same maybe for a couple others...JULIUS sounds good to me...

Dan

DAN BOLTON said:
How about just "JULIUS"? Or, PARA JULIUS...sort of like FOR CARLOS? WE'LL MARIMBA YOU might be a copyright issue...dunno...same maybe for a couple others...JULIUS sounds good to me...
Dan

I don't believe song titles are copyright-able. (I don't believe that's a word, either!). There are many examples of two different songs having exactly the same title. I think there's been a different "Runaway" song in almost every decade of the rock era.

I voted for 'We'll Marimba You' - it seemed a nice sentiment.

Harry
...who also is waiting for this new CD, online...

Rim Kasputis said:
Jay,
Good luck with wrapping up the C.D. Let us know where and how to get a copy....Rim Kasputis

Good luck with the recording and mastering, too...[rimshot...] :tongue:

Dan, who wants a copy, too...

Captain Bacardi said:
I'm not sure whether any of these titles fit. I chose "Returning To Brasilia", but wonder if maybe something like "Back To Baja" or maybe "Memories Of Baja" might be a better alternative. Maybe even "Back Door To Baja", to play on the "Comin' In The Back Door" & "Goin' Out The Side Door" titles. I guess it won't really matter as long as the tune is good! :wink: I'll be looking forward to hearing the new CD!

Capt. Bacardi

Maybe COMIN' IN THE FRONT DOOR....?

Dan

Rudy said:
Or "Backing Into The Garage Door". Er....ummm.....

Or in honor of the fellow whose back was always to the camera, "Headin' For The Bathroom Door." I think Julius would've appreciated THAT!

--Mr Bill

Or:

"Don't pee in the wind!"
"The big whizzer from Encino.".

...or even...

"Whip out your Rhode Island Red."

Baja Mama
Marimba Mojo
Abmiram (that's Marimba backwards, but it looks sorta exotic)

I guess it would be easier to pick a title if we heard the song...maybe you could post a sample?

Jay,

I have been checking the recesses of my mind and have come up with a few. I had some dandies but accidentally deleted them. Here goes:

Julius
A Song For Julius
Julius My Friend
Comin' In The Last Door
Goin' Out The Last Door
Hey, Mallet Over
Spanish Flee
Weighed In The Water
Last Of The Red Hot Marimbas
Baja Marimba Man
Marimba Me
Marimba This
Swarm

That's it for now. Can't think of anything clever.

Tom :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom