I thought Passage had a special designed inner label!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Look at this

click here

I thought that Passage always had the special desinged inner label just like A Kind of Hush. Even if this was a later pressing wouldn't it have a silver label instead of the old mustard color :?:

My "Passage" has the custom label. Plus, the stylized "Carpenters" logo was not used anywhere in this album's packaging. The ONLY way I can see it having the old ochre colored label is if it was an imported copy...but around the world, at this point, they were well into using the white/silver label at this point. Bootleg or pirated vinyl? Highly unlikely...we're not talking Beatles here. :wink:

My guess it the seller has the wrong LP in the jacket.

Rudy said:
My guess it the seller has the wrong LP in the jacket.

That would be my guess too. If your going to bid, I would surely send an email & confirm. Either they did this on purpose to get a bid or it's a honest error.

..who owns a Promo Copy of this LP, online...

Actually, the actual vinyl record shown in that ad is CARPENTERS SP3502 (the tan album). I can tell by "reading the grooves" on the picture that we're looking at Side 2, where the bright, long track is the "Bacharach-David Medley" followed by the side closer, the quiet, and darker-grooved "Sometimes."

The ad states something about SP-3504, but PASSAGE is SP 3199. SP3504, IS however, the side 2 designation of CARPENTERS (the tan album).

I suspect this seller has either the wrong LP in the wrong jacket, or for picture purposes he threw the tan album's vinyl into the rather blurry photo, assuming no-one would notice.

So, here we are, noticing...

Harry
...reading the grooves, online...

buykwik-img504x349-1056330060carpenters.jpg

A dealer who buys and sells a lot of vinyl may just look inside and see the Carpenters logo, without checking song titles, and assume all is OK.

I just left a question for the seller at Yahoo Auctions.

I bought a LP from ebay a while back to find out that the Cover was one version & the LP was another version. It was indeed the correct album just the cover was for the UK Release w a bonus track clearly listed on the LP, However the LP inside was missing that track on the label, so someone took the correct Lp out of the cover & replaced it with the US LP Version.

It was no big deal to me cause I didn't buy it for that bonus track but bought it because it was a Quad LP.

So this could be the dealer that isn't aware of every album done by this artist. Hence the error.

Chris--that's not surprising. Some dealers might scavenge a good LP with a good cover just to have one good complete package to sell. I don't mind that in some cases, but if it's a later reissue with an older pressing inside, I'd probably be a bit disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom