• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Idea for Richard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryT60

Hey RC: How about producing an album with 10 or 12 guest vocalists.... Everyone from Barbra Streisand to Trisha Yearwood - and a few in between... Clearly, your talents in arranging, choosing material well-suited to individual's strengths, and overall production capabilities create a foundation that could ultimately build an incredible album.... k.d. lang, Beyonce, even some guys, like Bruno Mars or Sam Hunt....

Richard's talent is timeless. Intriguing to think of him sharing it with a gambit of popular performers - and in the end.... we all are winners...

Barry, your idea is a great one! And one well suited to Richard's talents! He barely scratched that surface with Time (i.e., Dionne Warwick and Dusty Springfield), but your suggestion is definitely in his wheelhouse. Maybe, though, at this stage of his life, he isn't considering such endeavours...

He HAS sold records--Millions in fact! Who could ask for more?

-- Dave
Of course, the catalog of Carpenters material is timeless... and very much appreciated.

I just miss his unique talent for arranging... And hearing something new from him, writing, arranging, whatever.... could be such a fun way of moving the needle forward.

Of course, like many, I would love to hear any lost records from Karen in the vault, but it's an entirely new century - and when I see snippets of him playing - and videos of his work with other unknown artists in the 90's - it gets me wishing that we could hear some of his touch - - updated and out there again.

I recently attended a Johnny Mathis concert with the symphony & he was superb! In today's world, age just isn't an issue - and for me - I simply miss hearing Richard's pristine "take" on music.

Of course, the catalog of Carpenters material is timeless... and very much appreciated.

I just miss his unique talent for arranging... And hearing something new from him, writing, arranging, whatever.... could be such a fun way of moving the needle forward.

I suggested this a few years before. It probably could had happened if it wasn't for the backlash that the fandom gave Richard for Karen's death at the time.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom