I'm a Great Grandma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakeicer

Mikayla Nicole arrived May 5th in Tempe, Arizona weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz. and her Mommy is my first born Grandaughter Ashley. Funny thing about this is I called my sister last night to tell her I had become a Great Grandma today, her response? "So did I" her grandaughter also had a baby girl 5 hours before ours. Both little Cinco de Mayo Senorita's. It was a good day!

Oh, Happy Day!!! Congratulations, Shirl! I was hoping you would let us know when Ashley's baby was born.

Marilyn

Congratulations Shirley! Glad everythig went well. I guess you've automatically been hired as a babysitter as well! :D

Capt. Bacardi

Congratulations Shirley! Great Grandma - Wow!

Harry
...extending his best wishes, online...

Already said it in a private e-mail...I'll say it again...Congratulations! :D

Jon

Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. I am excited about this baby and only wish I could babysit. Don't think I will be going to Tempe any time soon but maybe they will come here when she is a bit older. Speaking of older,( and I know I am) I suppose I am still considered young to be a Great Grandmother at 64, but then I was a Grandmother at 40. And so it goes on, now my daughter Melissa is a grandmother at 40.

I'll bet you've always been a "great" grandmother...and grandmother...and mother...

Dan, at 48, still a long way from grandfatherhood, I hope...my boys are 16 and 14...but someday, maybe I'll be a "great" grandfather.....

Oh that Dan! Always knows the right thing to say to make me smile! I don't know how Great a parent or grand parent I've been, but my grandson Dominic once said his other Grandma, Angela was like a grandma, she says NO. But Grandma Shirley is like a fairy god mother cause she reads to me and buys me gifts. Don't cha know I went around with a smile on my face all day!

Jay Maynes/Juan Oskar said:
Shirley, I've met you. You far to young. :D Congrats...

Jay, I couldn't agree with you more. Shirley is far too young to be a Great Grandmother. Then again, when I turned 40, she informed me that I am finally old enough to be one of her sons!

What a priviledge! She's the Greatest!! :wink:

Jon

...adopted and liking it, online...

Shirley, congrats on this momentous event! You're not only a Great Grandma, you're a Great person and I feel privileged to know you and am so glad we met at the Wechter event -- enjoy that great grandchild...

--Mr Bill

Oh Bill you should see her, she is soo beautiful! Of course great Grandma's are allowed to say things like that, but really she is! Are you on dry land yet? Hoping you will be back in sunny California very soon.

Congratulations, and glad to hear things are going well. I hope to join the ranks of grandparenthood one day, although my kids are still fairly young right now.
Thanks for sharing the news with us. While we've not met in person I feel like we've been good friends for ages.
JB

Me too Jim, thanks. I am printing out this thread and sending it to my grandaughter to put in Mikayla's baby book for later viewing. I want her to know that Great Grandma was excited about her arrival and that all of her pals at A&M Corner got to share that with me. I enjoy my friendship with all of you here, through good times and a couple of bad ones you have all been here with support and always something nice to say. I hope you know that you are all very special to me. :love:

cakeicer said:
...I hope you know that you are all very special to me. :love:

That's a "ditto" from "Brasil Nut" :wink:

I'm sure I speak for more than myself. Judging from the posts here, I'd say you're pretty special to us, too!

By the way...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Love,

The Nut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom