I'm goin' way down south to Baton Rouge t'night

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyv

I hadn't the slightest idea what Baton Rouge looked like...but after I heard Karen sing "One More Time", I kept imagining how wonderful this town must be. It's just as devastating as the Tsunami that took place in my country, Thailand & I'd like to send my sympathy to the people who lost their loved ones there.

Back home where things are slow & easy goin'....

Hearing Karen sing "Jambalaya (On The Bayou)" would sure get me in the mood to go there...

Have fun on your trip and I sure hope to someday see Louisiana, too...

Dave

I think this song and Olivia Newton-John's "Serenity" (which mentions a 'wall of water') would be two great songs on a Katrina fundraiser.

mstaft said:
I think this song and Olivia Newton-John's "Serenity" (which mentions a 'wall of water') would be two great songs on a Katrina fundraiser.

I wouldn't recommend however Herb Alpert's "Wade In The Water", as much as I like that track. :tongue:

Harry

After just reading the subject of this thread I now have "One More Time" playing in my head and I can't make it stop, not that it's a bad thing.

As a matter of fact, this is one of my favorite C's songs. I especially like when Karen gets to the line "where things are slow and easy going" and rather than sing it in the soft and laid-back manner she uses to that point, which the lyric might suggest, she surprises the listener, delivering that phrase with a bit more forcefulness, presumably for ironic emphasis, particularly on the "E" in "easy going." It gets me every time.

Tony

Glad that "One More Time" is being discussed, it so often gets overlooked.
Sad that it takes a tragedy like Katrina to bring this up, but looking on the bright side, what a wonderful song and outstanding performance by Karen.

I remember when I first heard it on AKOH I had never heard of Baton Rouge and went to the atlas to look it up! ( Well I do live in England!)

Let's hope we can all subscribe to... "the good times, that far outweigh the bad"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom