• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Janis Hansen & The Partridge Family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
We all know that Janis Hansen, Lani's lovely partner in the early days of Brasil '66, went on to become a member of The Carnival singing group. Quite a few of us also know Janis went on to do commercials for the Ford Motor Company.

Well, here's another twist in the Janis Hansen Story...

In 1968, an album was internally released within the Ford Motor Company by a group called The Going Thing, a creation of brothers John & Tom Bahler. They would go on to become The Love Generation and supply vocals for The Partridge Family.

The group consisted of: John & Tom Bahler, Janis Hansen, Mitch Gordon, Susan Teague, Steve Flanagan, Wes Oldaker and Jacquie Wiseman. I located this on eBay. It never ceases to amaze me what can pop up on their site.
Jon

...adding to the Janis Hansen saga, online...

I love nostalgia...

That's right from my favorite period of my life - the late sixties - especially 1969.

I'd very much like to hear this record. What's it like?

Here's another A&M trivia connection to The Partridge Family--my friend Bruce Kimmel, who works with David Wechter and produced the Wechter Tribute, played Laurie's (Susan Dey) boyfriend on several episodes and gave Susan/Laurie her first on screen kiss. Bruce has just finished taping interviews for an upcoming Partridge Family retrospective.

David Wechter was also interviewed recently on the E:True Hollywood Story about Paula Abdul's early career, of which he played a part in her start.

JMK said:
Here's another A&M trivia connection to The Partridge Family--my friend Bruce Kimmel, who works with David Wechter and produced the Wechter Tribute, played Laurie's (Susan Dey) boyfriend on several episodes and gave Susan/Laurie her first on screen kiss. Bruce has just finished taping interviews for an upcoming Partridge Family retrospective.

I have to tell you, Bruce is one of the nicest people I've met. I enjoyed talking with him immensely. He did a great job with the Wechter tribute, and seemed to enjoy the fruits of his labor. He was a gracious, outgoing host. His enthusiasm is infectious!

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom