Jewel Case artwork for new iTunes releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Here's a sample of the way the posted scans can look in jewel cases.

Warm2Brass.jpg

The scans themselves (links posted in another topic) are sized for full digipak size, so I had to be creative and sized them down slightly for use under the clear plastic tray that holds the disc. That way the "Signature Series" logo lined up under the left clear spine.

For the front insert cover, I initially used the iTunes version, but then I ended up with two "Signature Series" logos. So once again I sized the above scans so that they'd fit - minus the Sig Series logos - in a standard jewel case square size. Basically, once you get the height right, you snip off the left edge, not worrying about leaving a bit of the jagged Sig Series color strip, since it merges with the lower strip under the tray.

For the back insert, I used the iTunes track listing, though with time and effort, more work could be done to lift scans from the actual LPs. But I decided that since this was an iTunes package, why not let it look like an iTunes package? By printing out the "Mosaic" version of the cover art, I cut off the right-hand cover of the album, leaving the Sig Series strip on the right side, again making it consistent with the coloring of the package.

I also placed a copy of the back track listing inside when you open up the jewel case.

For discs, I chose some colored discs from Sony that I had around here. I used a red one for WARM, a cyan-blue color for VOLUME 2, and a green one for THE BRASS ARE COMIN'. I might have chosen black for that one, but there weren't any black discs in the package.

For the spine, I made up some similar-coloration text to slip into the jewelcase to complete the look.

Harry

Harry - nice job on those.

The only thing I don't like about this particular Sig Series artwork is, on TBAC they cut off the white border on the left side, so it looks a bit strange with the black Sig Series strip and the white border on 3 sides. But, that's such a small point it's not really a gripe, more of an observation.

I haven't got my packages made up yet but am working on them. Haven't quite decided what to do with the back cover. I thought about making them match up to the other Sig Series packages but haven't decided for sure.

Heh! After looking at that WARM picture just above, I'm reminded of the cover of Herb Alpert & Colors!

B00000JBGO.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Harry

hi people, I like what Rudy did, here is another idea for the back cover, when they were not released. I took the back of Warm, and the original cover from the 63 version of Volume 2, I went over to kinko's,
I took the back cover of warm and shrunk it down to 40% and it fits right into the back jewel case, on there self serve color LASER copier. and for the Brass are coming I did the same one side of the inner cover and the the other side and taped them together. but only thing it will cut off 1/4 of the top and bottom. and on your printer I have a epson to shrink it down to fit into the front cd case decrease the size to 53% and it will fit into the front of the case. just thought I would throw out some ideas.
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom