Jimmy Cliff "Wonderful World.../Waterfall" 45 (A&

Status
Not open for further replies.

themichael

I have an inquiry regarding this 45. Upon inspection of the b-side "Waterfall" under a light, I have found what appears to be an etching of Jimmy Cliff's signature under the grooves. Is this in fact what it is, or is it actually a signature on the record? It is hard to tell--it appears as though it could be either. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

best,

Michael

as a follow up to my original question, i guess what i'm wondering is if the 45 was issued like this? is this a common feature on any of A&M's records?

In response to your question or questions, I'll start with one of my own: Which pressing do you have? Is it perhaps a Monarch Record Mfg. (Circle MR) pressing? I ask because on my copy of A&M single #1146 (pressed by Columbia in Pitman, NJ), there is no signature by anybody on either side. Just 'A+M 1889-1' on "Wonderful World, Beautiful People," and 'A+M 1890-1' on "Waterfall." Furthermore, each side carries different producers' credits: Larry Fallon and Leslie Kong on the A-side, Muff Winwood (Steve's brother) on the flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom