• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Joan Armatrading - TRACK RECORD (SP-4987)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Joan Armatrading
TRACK RECORD
A&M SP-4987

sp4987.jpg

1 Drop The Pilot 3:42
2 (I Love It When You) Call Me Names 3:24
3 Frustration 3:35
4 When I Get It Right 2:50
5 I'm Lucky 3:04
6 Me Myself I 3:16
7 The Weakness In Me 3:32
8 Heaven 4:40
9 Down To Zero 3:50
10 Love And Affection 4:27
11 Show Some Emotion 3:30
12 Willow 4:03
13 Rosie 3:10

Mastered at A&M Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
The booklet and back inlay state 'This album contains some previously released material'.

Reissued as SP/CD 3319
Entered the Billboard Top 200 on January 21, 1984
Peaked at # 113 and charted for ten weeks

JB

Last edited:
I don't know if there are any other big Armatrading fans on this forum, but this album - actually a greatest hits package with two new cuts thrown in for good measure - makes for a first-rate introduction to her music if you're not familiar with it. The only flaw of any real note is that the songs don't seem to be arranged in any real order and don't flow chronologically - not usually a big deal, but Armatrading's sound changed quite a bit from her earliest records to her mid-'80s material and went from being much more folk-oriented to being somewhat new-wave flavored. The song selection is top-notch, though, and there are no particularly egregious omissions. I love most every song on this album, but my top favorites would have to be "Drop the Pilot" (how that song did not go Top 40 I will absolutely never figure out; easily one of the most underrated pop 45s of the '80s), "Love and Affection," "When I Get It Right," and "The Weakness in Me."

Some compilations work chronologically, some don't...

I have some CD's where I resigned myself to the songs being arranged chronologically, whether I program or not, just because of the design of my new CD player I've had for two-years, which doesn't have the "Number Boxes" on the screen to help me keep track (are there ANY new CD players that DO?)...

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom