1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. The new Herb Alpert remasters are now available for download from Amazon and iTunes, and high-res versions are available from Acoustic Sounds and HDTracks. Some of these albums are seeing their first-ever release digitally. Check them out today!

John Pisano Gets Some Love

Discussion in 'The Beat of The Brass: Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass' started by Captain Bacardi, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Captain Bacardi

Captain Bacardi Well-Known Member Moderator Thread Starter

Bobberman, Joe Gifford and DeeInKY like this.
  2. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

Truly an overdue tribute indeed its about time Mr Pisano finally got some more well deserved recognition. This is a very well done article.

3. Steven J. Gross

Steven J. Gross Well-Known Member

Nice story, interesting!

4. MoonCrash

MoonCrash New Member

I've been reviewing the TJB albums recently, and I'm very impressed with Pisano's sound. He's influenced me a lot as a guitarist. He also wrote some great TJB material. Remember "The Robin" off of The Beat of the Brass? That's one of my all time favorites.

Rudy likes this.
  5. JMK

JMK Well-Known Member Contributor

There are some great recent pics on FB of John with my buddy John Stowell, who just played with John last week in LA, and who is on several of my recordings.

Rudy likes this.
  6. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

I was glad to see they mentioned the Under the Blanket album under Recommended Listening. Now if only people are able to find it!

7. There are some third-party Japanese CD listings at Amazon for anyone who is really interested.

8. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member

Got the "Under The Blanket" Japan CD!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Steven J. Gross likes this.