• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Jonny Lang's new release

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
LONG TIME COMING (A&M/Universal), blues guitarist-singer Jonny Lang's first new release in 5 years, is out. There are mixed reviews at 'amazon.com,' as apparently some blues purists are upset about the more mainstream rock direction of the new tunes.
Haven't heard it yet but am curious.
JB

www.jonnyonline.com

I have never heard of Jonny Lang, but it's kind of funny to hear someone say that they've waited "years" for this and they are only 22 years old. I recently saw a singer on Entertainment Tonight that said "I've waited
for years, since I was 13 for this day." She was 19! I wait that long for my dinner! The only LONG TIME COMING was my "Baile Buffet" flop. :tongue: Just trying to put things in perspective online. Later amigos...Jay

Jay, my man, please don't consider your musical work a flop. Be assured it is and shall remain a hit among myself and like-minded persons of discerning musical tastes. A niche market, perhaps, but a loyal and dedicated one.

FYI Jonny Lang is a child blues guitar prodigy whose first album, LIE TO ME, came out on A&M when he was 16 years old. The follow-up, WANDER THIS WORLD, came out in '98. After five years I wanted to find out if he was still under (what remains of) the A&M banner - which he is.

"Long Time Coming" was also the name of a Crosby-Stills-Nash song from their first album in '69.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom