• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

K&R Make Me Laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I've rarely if ever heard speak of CarpenterS singing "Make Me Laugh" on the Dorothy Hamill Special...circa 1977 or '78. I believe they also sang "From This Moment On". At the time I couldn't tell if MML was pre-recorded or live. From what I remember tho, it was sort of a live "campy" version.I'm surprised this hasn't made its way to a rarities collection. In one of the Duo's T.V. Specials...Karen sang something to the effect of: "Dance, in the old fashioned way, hold me close in your arms...and we'll discover..." This is reaching back 25 years or so. I may not have the lyric right. Anyway it was a beautiful number. Very much like" You're Just In Love "style-wise. I think it was a duet with J. Davidson. Do any of you Carpo's remember these performance's?

Dredging up memories...again,

Jeff

Absolutely remember these. "Old Fashioned Way" is one of my favorite lost duets. Karen sounds amazing. Just lovely. In about 1971, the song appeared on Helen Reddy's album "Long Hard Climb" in a very different arrangement. Still fun, though.
"Make Me Laugh" is a zany piece- short, pure fluff, nothing special.
Mark

OMG. I was pulling out my Carpenters Rare Gems CD and I realized I have this. I love it. Karen and Richard sing this song beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom