Karen Carpenter article - Huffington Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1kandrfan

Over at the Newville Avenue Carpenters Facebook page, a subscriber - Paul - posted this article about Karen. The 'money quote' for me was how the author described Karen's voice:

"Karen Carpenter's voice isn't big, or loud, or gymnastic. I don't know if she would make it on American Idol today. It's simple, real, but painfully alive. It's filled with hope and promise, yet totally aware of the dark. It's that mixture that grabs you, holds you and forces you to connect, to engage. She is speaking just to you, taking you to places only you and she have known. She sings like she's your friend, in a private conversation, confessing her fears and hopes just to you. She's instantly familiar, as if you've known her all your life. You can hear her smile on some lines; her slow building grin shading the notes that somehow communicate no matter how bad it has been, it can always get a little better."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justin-sayre/karen-carpenter-in-the-ag_b_2870762.html

Wonderful column, and I agree with you totally on the money quote. Thanks for sharing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom