Greetings all

Probert

Hey everyone. New to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I’m 58, from Long Island, known of the Carpenters all my life, never really listened to them except when they popped on the radio many many years ago but recently have become a huge fan. Let me explain.
Like i said all through the 70’s and some 80’s i guess, I’d catch them on the radio. I remember their tunes were somewhat catchy but not something that interested me. I was into the group Kiss. lol. Actually saw them in 78 at MSG in NY. Great show! Anyway i “found” them again right before Christmas this past year. I thank the internet gods for YouTube. You can probably figure out where this is going.
I was watching those reaction videos and somehow they popped up. Was going to just scroll by them then thought it’s been years since i heard them, let me see what these reactors think of them. Well to my surprise not one reactor I’ve come across has said a bad thing about them. And they’re all young people that are digging this music. Awesome!!

But now that I’m older and not that teenager back in the 70’s i see their music in such a different light. I hear the beautiful arrangements of Richard that i didn’t listen to in the past. I always knew (even back then) Karen had a one of a kind voice. And the talent she had on the drums. My God!! There may be people that can belt out a song and are considered all time greats like Aretha, Whitney, Mariah etc, but for her style of music…… there is no one else. No one has the tone that Karen had….. NO ONE!
It seems they have a few Christmas albums correct? If i were to choose just one, what do you suggest in your opinion is the best one? And is it worth buying Little Girl Blue? Nice to meet you all. 😀

Hey everyone. New to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I’m 58, from Long Island, known of the Carpenters all my life, never really listened to them except when they popped on the radio many many years ago but recently have become a huge fan. Let me explain.
Like i said all through the 70’s and some 80’s i guess, I’d catch them on the radio. I remember their tunes were somewhat catchy but not something that interested me. I was into the group Kiss. lol. Actually saw them in 78 at MSG in NY. Great show! Anyway i “found” them again right before Christmas this past year. I thank the internet gods for YouTube. You can probably figure out where this is going.
I was watching those reaction videos and somehow they popped up. Was going to just scroll by them then thought it’s been years since i heard them, let me see what these reactors think of them. Well to my surprise not one reactor I’ve come across has said a bad thing about them. And they’re all young people that are digging this music. Awesome!!

But now that I’m older and not that teenager back in the 70’s i see their music in such a different light. I hear the beautiful arrangements of Richard that i didn’t listen to in the past. I always knew (even back then) Karen had a one of a kind voice. And the talent she had on the drums. My God!! There may be people that can belt out a song and are considered all time greats like Aretha, Whitney, Mariah etc, but for her style of music…… there is no one else. No one has the tone that Karen had….. NO ONE!
It seems they have a few Christmas albums correct? If i were to choose just one, what do you suggest in your opinion is the best one? And is it worth buying Little Girl Blue? Nice to meet you all. 😀
Hi Probert- and welcome to the Boards!
To answer your question, this is the one I would buy:
It is actually a two disc set. Both the full 1978 and 1984 Christmas albums as they were meant to be heard. All for the price of one disc.

It's been awhile since you asked the question but I can say that I highly recommend "Little Girl Blue" if you haven't picked it up already by now. I think Randy L. Schmidt did an outstanding job with it. Frenda Loeffler Franklin had apparently told him to "do good for Karen." He wrote that this was a "very special commandment coming from someone who knew Karen so intimately and loved her so deeply." I think that he absolutely succeeded in fulfilling that. Sorry for the late reply.

It's been awhile since you asked the question but I can say that I highly recommend "Little Girl Blue" if you haven't picked it up already by now. I think Randy L. Schmidt did an outstanding job with it. Frenda Loeffler Franklin had apparently told him to "do good for Karen." He wrote that this was a "very special commandment coming from someone who knew Karen so intimately and loved her so deeply." I think that he absolutely succeeded in fulfilling that. Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for the reply. I haven’t picked up the book yet but i will for sure.

Back
Top Bottom