Karen Photgraphed in Hospital??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam89

Hi All,
I had heard there was a photo of Karen that was available in the newspaper in March 1996, of her not wearing any clothes. It was an article on eating disorders, and so I was wondering if someone close to the family had stolen the photo of Karen and gave it to the media, or what? I think, the photo was taken when she either began treatment for her anorexia or when she entered Lenox Hill Hospital in September 1982. The doctors apparently take these types of photos to show the anorexic how thin they become and to keep it on record. It was in the last week of March or April 1996 for the REGINA LEADER POST newspaper. And does the family know this, or can they sue the newspaper??

Cameron
[email protected]

You might be thinking of an infamous photo of Karen that was taken by a friend -- she's only wearing her underwear.

I think that photo got newspaper coverage because the owner of the photo was auctioning it on eBay, and it stirred up quite a controversy.
Naybe there is a different photo out there of Karen in the hospital, but I've actually seen the one of Karen in her underwear -- whoever created the MORE OFFERINGS bootleg CD used that photo for the inside of the tray card. Quite tasteless.

David

cam89 said:
I had heard there was a photo of Karen that was available in the newspaper in March 1996, of her not wearing any clothes. It was an article on eating disorders, and so I was wondering if someone close to the family had stolen the photo of Karen and gave it to the media, or what? [snip] It was in the last week of March or April 1996 for the REGINA LEADER POST newspaper. And does the family know this, or can they sue the newspaper??

I'm from Regina, and I remember that newspaper article. I cut it out at the time, and it is probably somewhere in my files. The photo was definitely NOT Karen!!! The article was about a young woman from Alberta named Quanah Jeanine Mercredi, who died from anorexia nervosa in December 1995, and that was her in the picture. The article did make a brief mention of Karen Carpenter, stating that she was the most famous victim of the disorder.

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom