• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Keith Hampshire on A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
Keith Hampshire worked as a DJ at CKFH. Keith had three songs on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts in the U.S.. The song "Daytime Night-Time" went to # 51 back on January of 1973. The remake of the Cat Stevens "First Cut Is The Deepest" went to # 70 (Hot 100) & # 32 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary Charts back in June of 1973. Finally the song "Big Time Operator" went to # 81 (Hot 100) back in December of 1973. Keith did not hit the Billboard Top 200 Album Charts or Bubbled Under Charts (201-230). Keith reminds me of talk show radio host Rush Limbaugh. For more on Keith Hampshire, go to: www.canoe.ca/jam & hit Pop Encyclopedia on the left corner on the website & hit the letter "H" & scroll down the names. Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

Hey Matt: is it a slow news day up there in Sanford? :wink: I must say, though, you're finding a lot of A&M obscurities! Thanks for posting about them--we always like to discover new A&M artists to listen to. :)

To learn more about Keith Hampshire, go to these websites: www.offshoreradio.co.uk/djsh.htm www.radiolondon.co.uk/caroline/keefers/keef1.html (This Is Your Life: Keith) www.reelradio.com/dp/ (The Dale Patterson Collection!) Keith on CKFH Toronto from 1969-1970 which is 5:43 playing time. Finally, www.offshoreechos.com/deejays-sing/djsing E-M.htm (Deejays Sing E-M) which has a 45 sleeve cover of the songs "First Cut Is The Deepest" & "Sitting In The Park" from 1973 (which has a 30 second sample MP3). Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

I frequently hear Keith on the radio, too. Besides "First Cut", there's also:

1. "Day Time, Night Time", "Turned The Other Way", "Baby, I'll Love You Forever and Ever" and my favorite...

"Big-Time Operator"!!!!!!

Dave :laugh:

...an ALMOST "Big-Time Keith Hampshire Fan"... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom