• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Listen...a Christmas gift idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAN BOLTON

If anyone hasn't yet gotten that special someone anything romantic for Christmas yet...I recieved an email from www.fragrancex.com; they offer deep[sometimes] discounts on fragrances...and on a lark, I looked under "L" for LISTEN, and sho'nuff...there it was, at a good price.

LISTEN was described as an eau de cologne best suited for "casual" wear... an "outdoorsy" scent...it seems to be priced along the lines of Calvin Klein and Halston, etc.

You might want to check out the link, if only to read a description of the product and a picture of the package...I'm sorry, but my aromatherapy card isn't compatible with my old Pentium 3 903mgHZ processor...so I can't say if it really smells like a "spitvalve" like one wag said it did...but at these prices, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to find out... :rolleyes:

Dan :angel:

DAN BOLTON said:
If anyone hasn't yet gotten that special someone anything romantic for Christmas yet...

I won't go there... :sad:

LISTEN was described as an eau de cologne best suited for "casual" wear... an "outdoorsy" scent...it seems to be priced along the lines of Calvin Klein and Halston, etc.

Tempting to get a bottle before it completely disappears. If I remember, it's no longer being made.

You might want to check out the link, if only to read a description of the product and a picture of the package...I'm sorry, but my aromatherapy card isn't compatible with my old Pentium 3 903mgHZ processor...

Guess I won't try it on my old Pentium Pro 200MHz system then, either. (Although Unix is chugging away just fine on it right now.)

so I can't say if it really smells like a "spitvalve" like one wag said it did...but at these prices, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to find out...

"Spitvalve" TM, the new cologne by Holton-LeBlanc. Ingredients: 93% saliva, 1.3% corroded brass, .9% valve oil, .33% tobacco residues from 1966-69 Pall Malls, .31% T.J. Swann, .29% saurkraut & sausage, .28% smoke residue (category: other, possibly Colombian in origin), .21% Stolichnaya vodka, .16% fish & chips, .13% Pabst blue ribbon, other artificial and natural scents. Best described as a sour, metallic, musty-smelling cologne reminiscent of another fine cologne of late, Ye Olde Michigan Cellar (circa 1904).

Someone wanna try it? I'll pass.

Rudy said:
"Spitvalve" TM, the new cologne by Holton-LeBlanc. Ingredients: 93% saliva, 1.3% corroded brass, .9% valve oil, .33% tobacco residues from 1966-69 Pall Malls, .31% T.J. Swann, .29% saurkraut & sausage, .28% smoke residue (category: other, possibly Colombian in origin), .21% Stolichnaya vodka, .16% fish & chips, .13% Pabst blue ribbon, other artificial and natural scents. Best described as a sour, metallic, musty-smelling cologne reminiscent of another fine cologne of late, Ye Olde Michigan Cellar (circa 1904).

ROFLMAO -- What a hoot! :laugh:

Harry
...trying to collect himself, online...

The musty/sour is actually from a personal experience. (Bleah...) Our high school band had your typical bari sax that was used by every band class. (Way too expensive to expect kids' parents to buy one.) I swapped my tenor with the bari player for a song, tried to inhale, and nearly gagged. "No thanks, dude, gimme my tenor back!" I don't think the neck of that thing had been cleaned out in years. A bari has a "loop" in the neck, and it does have a spitvalve...but if you think of that loop like the trap in your kitchen sink, ... (Bleah again...) Think primordeal soup, or at least a small-scale bacteria culture laboratory. (Triple bleah...)

If I ever buy my own bari, I could probably only buy a new one, unless a used one has been chemical dipped, disinfected, stripped, bathed, scrubbed and whatever else to make sure the insides are clean.

Rudy said:

Funny, but SPY MAGAZINE did this with Herb's Listen way back in the 80's in a piece about celebrity odours...

--Mr Bill
proud owner of a bottle of both men and women's versions of Listen...

A lot of deaf people bought Listen, but it didn't work... (*rimshot*)

Reminds me of Monsters, Inc.: "You want Old Garbage, or Wet Dog?"

Last cologne I bought was Joop. That was many years ago, back when we lived on the east side of town (at least 7 years, probably more like 9 or 10 when I bought it). Still looking for the one that has that unique sexual attraction magnet that drives all the women wild. :wink: (You mean my winning personality ain't winning?? :D )

DAN BOLTON said:
Have you tried that pheremone stuff?

Does it actually work, or is it more on the "snake oil" or "placebo" side of the medicinal chart? :wink:

I dunno, it's so expensive that if I tried it, I wouldn't have enough money left over for dinner or a movie or even enough gas to pick up the chicks...

Dan, thinking the last he heard, it was about 100 bucks a bottle...and the woman who invented it looks like Joan Claybrook's little sister...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom