• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Listen Up LP Owners-Made in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Anyone that has this Lp can you take a hard listen to the first track. "Those Good Old Dreams" then listen to the original CD and even the new Black Box Set mini-style CD and compare.

I need you to take a close listen to the instrument used at the end of the song, it is the part on the LP right after Karen sings the final verse, and it's all because of you. On the LP there is a instrument high in pitch that goes way up then down then quick back up (really quick) maybe electric piano?

This high pitched instrument sound is not on either of the CD versions. I really tried to listen for it but it's not there. It's also not on the Promo Mono or Stereo 45 either.

I just opened this MIA LP today (had kept it for months still sealed) so I am hearing this LP for the first time in this format.

Tell me you hear this sound on the LP? I tried to describe it the best I could. but I swear I don't hear it on the CD's.

Well Jan 04 is 3 months ago....Sorry, since I just opened my LP, I noticed it.

Site Maintenance-feel free to delete this thread. My bad. :cry:

Guess this is a prime example of the black box set is not really exactly like the original lp's :wink:

I would also like to have the LP version released on CD like the single version of Solitaire. The moog synthizer adds a real nice touch.

One day I am going to burn my mint copy of this LP to CD. Eventually! :D

NP: Time LP (Something In Your Eyes) which sounds alot better, even better than Dusty's Ultimate Collection CD mastered at 24 bits.

There is *one* CD version of the original LP mix of "Those Good Old Dreams," but it's very hard to find.

It's on the British version of YESTERDAY ONCE MORE from 1984. This album came out a year before the U.S. version, and it has none of the remixes that Richard did in 1985 for the U.S. version.

Since this was one of the earliest CDs ever released by the Carpenters, and it was only released in the U.K., it is quite rare.

David
...who still has his first CD player-- it turns 20 years old this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom