• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Love is Surrender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Was this track ever re-mixed by Richard?

I don't have the 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection... But I was listening to a 30 sec clip of this track & it sounded for a sec like it had a stronger drum kick to it. Does anyone have this CD?

Did Richard ever re-mix this track? Or is this still the original version from the LP Close to You?

That remix of "Love Is Surrender" was done for the Japanese Treasures album. It's since appeared on both the 20th Century Masters collection and the Essential Collection box set.

Harry
NP: "Love Is Surrender" Carpenters

Man that scares me I can identify that there is something different about a Carpenters song just by hearing a 30 sec clip. Ha Ha Ha

I really want to hear this re-mix of this track. So should I splurg & get the Essentials (even though I already have From the Top) or is the 20th Century Masters Collection worth it? Wonder if there is any other different tracks on the 20th Century that would make getting that one worth it. I don't have the Treasures either.

I highly recommend Essentials. I know there are many out there who won't justify the expense after having already bought From The Top, but really it is a much better set - well mastered, containing all of their hits, most in original form, plus some nice remixes.

Of course if you're really just interested in hearing 'Love Is Surrender" in remixed form, the 20th Century Masters is OFTEN on sale at Borders for $9.99 or less.

Harry
...who LIKES this remix, online...

I suggest buying TREASURES, the Double CD from Japan, because this compilation includes some more interesting remixes, especially the remix of I CAN'T MAKE MUSIC.

Bruno
remembering how excited I was, when I purchased TREASURES back in 1987, hearing all those fantastic remixes and listening to SLOW DANCE for the first time :)

Bruno, thanks for the suggestion, I think I may just have to find me a copy of Treasures, Now that you mention it, I also have not heard the re-mix of "I can't make music" so that might be a better way for me to go.

But this is out of print, right?

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
Bruno, thanks for the suggestion, I think I may just have to find me a copy of Treasures, Now that you mention it, I also have not heard the re-mix of "I can't make music" so that might be a better way for me to go.

But this is out of print, right?

I highly recommend the Japanese Treasures, as there's not a hit in sight (with the exception of "Bless The Beasts...")

All of Disc One gets superb remix treatments.

There's one listed as being available at Amazon.com with three others available used for a lesser price.

Harry
NP: Treasures - Carpenters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom