• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Make Your Own Kind Of Music-Series: Artist/Song Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny feeling for me to see "Paged Compiled By Manon L'Espérance". :laugh:

I used to make her listen to The Carpenters every single day back in 1998-99 (here in Montreal)..., she became a huge fan. :)

Pretty good song-sets by everyone involved and for those acts I've never really heard of, it would be nice to know of any "recorded in the studio" versions of any of the songs...

Dave

Dave said:
it would be nice to know of any "recorded in the studio" versions of any of the songs...

All Carpenters songs in the "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" 1971 TV Show were the studio versions..., except for the piano/vocal songs that Karen & Richard played. Those were played live.

This was a great series. I was able to find a compilation of all the Carpenters peformed songs for this show on video - I think through Goldmine or some other collectors magazine. The sound is very good, and the video quality isn't bad either. It's great to see Karen behind the drums on most of these performances, although I wish they had performed "Another Song".

Mike

Besides The Carpenters, I missed the Mark Lindsay solo stuff but I was only 6 years old back in the Summer of 1971. :shock: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom