• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Mark Andrews & the Gents - BIG BOY (SP-4812)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Mark Andrews & the Gents
BIG BOY

A&M SP-4812

sp4812.jpg

SIDE ONE

West One
Say it's Alright
Talking With You Baby
Don't Let Go

SIDE TWO

Laid on a Plate
Born to be Wild
Does It Get to you (Like it Gets to Me)
Show Me
Let Yourself Go
In a Jam

Released 1980 - also as AMLH 68513 in the U.K.

JB

Couldn't find much info on this artist/band... As for this guy on the cover, being Butch Patrick, any bio I could find on him, makes no mention of any sort of recorded works, let alone this; so not so, unless there's still something I don't know about...

Summing it up, there's no indication whether anyone is trading on any past accomplishment of former glory, or if any sort of a legacy is starting here...

(But,--yeh!--that "Born To Be Wild" IS the Steppenwolf song--Blue Öyster Cult tried it, too--so that is almost sayin' somethin'!!!!)

Only any hard core A&M collectors (and maybe if there are even any New Wave I.R.S. tie-ins) would by this time, really know...!

-- Dave

Butch Patrick DID do his own album for MCA (it was actually an indy release that MCA picked up). He and his band were "Eddie and the Munsters" and they had only one moderate hit -- "What Ever Happened To Eddie?" around 1982 IIRC.

Mark Andrews LP has some connections woith other A&M acts, but wothout my collection in front of me I don't want spout erroneous info. Only a few more weeks till I get home and I'll post what I have. For now let's just say this has a lot in common soundwise with the early Joe Jackson or (another A&M act) Nine Below Zero... (NBZ later became IRS act The Truth)

Mark Andrews is from Portsmouth/UK and was a bandmate of Joe Jackson in the mid 70's in "Arms & Legs". No surprise, there are sound similarities. If you read Joe's autobiographical book "A Cure For Gravity", you'll find a lot about Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom