• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Mickey Jones 45 Magic Lamp-Karen Carpenter background vocals

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Magic Lamp

Mickey Jones 45 MAGIC LAMP #705 "I Can Live Without You" features Karen Carpenter on backing vocals. Jim Messina guitar, Larry Knechtel piano. How do I know this? I asked Mickey a few years ago about this release and he confirmed that Karen is on backing vocals. Fairly recognizable in the background. This 45 was released right after Karen's solo 45 on Magic Lamp #704. Condition is (G+) = below average looking kinda ugly. Light label wear. Vinyl is showing loss of some gloss and shine with moderate to many mini light marks. The B side is a little worse. Plays with a little noise but not bad. Nothing deep or ugly. All very small and light. Not trashed out, but not real great either. The B side "I Thought I Could" sounds like a left over Jan & Dean "Save For A Rainy Day" track. It's an instrumental.

I learn something new everyday. Thought it would be of interest.

Andrew
...who just spent $2000 getting his Benz fixed. Ouch...

I've never heard of this has anyone? Has this ever been mentioned that Karen sang back up on someone elses record? Wonder if this is really true. Could be just someone that sounds like it could be Karen.

A while back, there was a old 45 on ebay that said it was Olivia singing backing on a song, none of the fans had ever heard about it before & it turned out to be untrue.

Chris, you could be right. But think about it. How many people sound like Karen? Almost none. How many people sound like Karen and were signed to Magic Lamp?...Uh...Karen Carpenter!

Not being mean or sarcastic, but just sayin...

Woh! That's a cool little discovery! :o Is there anyone here who has a way of verifying this? I've never seen it listed in a discography guide or in a price guide, so for all I know, this could just be a fictitious catalog entry. If it's real, though, this could be a really hot find!

Jeff F.

OMG, here we go again. i know I said earlier that I was going to stop clammering for the this-n-thats, but the fever is undeniable. I guess I fell off the wagon. Suppose after 35 years it was unrealistic to pursue abstinence.

Jeff

Well, I sure hope that if someone here wins this that they share this news with us firsthand. I'm really curious but not curious enough to spend that kind of money on a 45. Sorry guys.

So did someone here buy this and would like to come forward with details? I'm still curious whether Karen is really on this.

Someone needs to ask Richard about this, I'm sure he'd love to answer this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom