• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Neil Young's 29 Year old album is #34 at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven J. Gross

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Neil Young's album "On The Beach" is being released on CD August 19th. It was a good album but certainly far from his best work. It has not come out yet- but is very high on the Amazon sales chart.
My point is- if an average catalog item like this album is selling so well-can you imagine a CD Remastered release of Herb Alpert's "Whipped Cream" possibly becoming a TOP seller? Maybe even a #1?

I know what you mean. The release of Sergio's catalogue has seen interesting results...they're selling like hot cakes. I talked to a representative of Tower and Rasputin. Both said they can't keep them on the shelf -- proof, indeed, that this music is timeless. You have a good point: if Neil Young and Sergio Mendes can sell this well, imagine what Herb's material would do!

Jon

I can't recall any CD selling for the price that "Whipped Cream" and other TJB CDs are now bringing in. What is wrong with the companies that are sitting on this stuff? The demand is there. Are they asleep at the wheel?

Asleep at the Wheel (the band) has more talent and imagination than these music exec will ever possess.
JB

Neil's new CD "Greendale" released today is #1 at Amazon- the "On The Beach" CD is #4, and 2 more Young CD releases are also in the top Amazon 30-Very remarkable these days in the music industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom