Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXAN

Greetings from The Great State of Texas: :wave:
I have been a fan of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass all the way back to the 60's when I was in high school. I still have all of the original TJB LP's but no longer have a turntable to play them on. I am delighted and anxious to get the remastered CDs that start being released tomorrow & look forward to eventually getting all of them as they are released.
I had an unforgettable opportunity to see and hear Herb and the TJB IN PERSON in concert at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas in the mid-sixties. It was a night I will always remember. Also myself and 6 other high school band members formed a “TJB copycat” type band while in high school which we called The Tequila Tramps :bandit: . We were called on several times to play at various functions (Chamber of Commerce meetings, PTA meetings, Lions Club banquets etc.) in our small northeast Texas farming community where we lived and had a great time together performing. Those were some of the best years of my high school experience.
I also was a member of the original Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Fan Club and received all the paraphernalia that came with being a member, including a 45 RPM record in Herb’s own voice welcoming everyone to the fan club. I have since misplaced that record but would love to hear it again. If anyone reading this happens to have a copy of this recording on a .wav or .mp3 file or knows where I might obtain one, I would greatly appreciate it if you would send a copy of it to me via e-mail. I would love to have it again as part of my TJB collections.

Thanks.
Mark ô¿ô

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom