• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Movie to Feature TJB Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.B.

In little more than a month, a new movie entitled A Cinderella Story will be released. I mention this because in scanning IMDb and looking at what's in the film, I noticed that Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass's recording of "Spanish Flea" will be included. I bring this up because the following licensing info caught my eye:
Courtesy of Almo Properties, LLC
Which sounds to me that that would be the current rights-holder to Herb's recordings, both during and after the TJB. Wonder what that means for the future with respect to any re-releases of their works.

The same Limited Licensing Company (LLC) is listed in the credits on the Matchstick Men soundtrack.

Harry

Basically, that's just a legal entity that either owns or administer's Herb Alpert's recordings. I have the feeling that any future releases by him may be released on A&M, but only under license from Almo Properties, just like any other label who uses his songs in film.

Harry said:
The same Limited Licensing Company (LLC) is listed in the credits on the Matchstick Men soundtrack.

Harry

Not to thread crap, but I believe LLC stands for: Limited Liability Company

Here's a definition I found on Google:

LLC - Limited Liability Company
The basic definition of an LLC is a business structure that is a hybrid of a partnership and a corporation. Its owners are shielded from personal liability and all profits and losses pass directly to the owners without taxation of the entity itself.

By definition, an LLC offers its owners the advantage of limited personal liability (like a corporation) and a choice of how the business will be taxed, making particularly popular with small businesses.

BTW, I work for a company that's a LLC. There's just 5 employees.

You're right. My head is clogged with congestion and I'm not thinking clearly.

Harry

In other words, Herb and Jerry set this up to handle their business dealings in regards to recordings they control. So Almo Properties is probably as close to A&M records circa 1962-3 as we'll ever see.

So far we know they control Herb's catalog and Lani's as well. I suppose some research will reveal more...

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom