New Phil Bodner release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Remember Phil Bodner? He was the leader of the swinging 60’s group “The Brass Ring”. He was noted for being the “Now Sound of the 60’s”. I still listen to the Brass Ring albums routinely; it’s some really good stuff. Anyway, for those interested, Alanna Records has just released a new CD, “The Genius of Phil Bodner”. It’s not available yet through Amazon, Barns & Noble, etc… but I got a copy already by ordering directly from Alanna Records. It’s 12 tracks of solid jazz standards (Tangerine, I thought About you, Am I Blue, etc…). I would have preferred his “Now Sound” style, but it’s a great CD all the same.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that info. I'll be on the lookout for it.

I see you're in Yokosuka. I'm going to be heading to Atsugi (just up the road) in a couple months. Any good record shops around there? I know about HMV, Tower and Virgin -- but I'm looking for the out of the way used music places...

Do you work for an American company with offices there or are you a "government employee" like me?

--Mr Bill

Hi Mr. Bill,

1. If there are any good record shops, I don't know where they are. I hear there's a district in Tokyo that is full of used record & CD shops, but I havent found it. I often see great Herb Alpert CD's on e-bay from sellers here in Japan, wish I knew where they were finding them.

2. Yes, I'm a U.S. government employee too. It'd be tough to make it here in Japan as a civilian. I work at the U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom