New speakers

rbisherw

Last year upgraded my integrated to a new McIntosh MA8950 and have been enjoying it tremendously.

Naturally it immediately had me thinking my system could benefit with a major speaker upgrade. While my Brystons (Mini-t) very fine speakers in their own right, had served me well for many years, I began negotiating with "management" and she finally agreed that an upgrade was deserved.

Began the research. Spreadsheet listing all the candidates from Harbeth, Spendor, Vandersteen, Devore etal was generated and continually updated as reviews were consumed and auditions occurred.

In the end, I chose these:

DSC02489.JPG

Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III.

Took advantage of their current trade up promotion and received a killer deal.

Presently on hour 6 of the "burn in", however out of the box gotta admit they sound damn fine.
Pair very nicely with the Mac. My end game system complete.

Good score! Sonus Faber's lineup has always been impressive. After a month or two of break-in they'll be at the top of their game.

BTW, you probably live somewhat close to The Music Room. I check their site (tmraudio.com) on occasion. I am pretty much at my end game also, but like to check their site for bargains if I'm looking for accessories.

Thank you.

Familiar with The Music Room, having sold my previous McIntosh to them. Seem like a good bunch. Was seriously considering one of their Harbeth "open box" deals before the SF audition blew me away

Back
Top Bottom