• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New TJB Compilation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditions Alive is a company based in Cleveland, OH , and over the years they appear to have released a number of compilation CDS using (presumably) leased masters. Their range has included "36 All Time Greatest Hits" of: Ricky Nelson, Jefferson Airplane, The Four Tops, the Temptations, Little River Band, Jethro Tull, Cyndi Lauper, Alan Parsons Project, Jimmie Rodgers, Michael Bolton, McGuire Sisters, irish Rovers, Eddy Arnold, Mickey Gilley, Glen Yarbrough, Limeliters, Ray Conniff, Robert Goulet, Dionne Warwick, Sonny & Cher, Mitch Ryder, Fary Lewis and The Playboys, Bing Crosby, and a host of other compilation albums. It sounds to me as if this is doing to be a budget compilation disc.

hi guys I live in cleveland, ohio since the 60's I grew up on the eastside there, and so though the years I have been on the west side everywhere in Cleveland and I know people in the record distributions and I never heard of traditions Alive.
bob

They are a music company and you can find their web site. They tried to sell this TJB set, but were informed that they have no rights to do so.

Yet, they are available for sale on Amazon. Tried to report it but there's no link, other than a way to update the album data.

I wonder if it would be worth someone ordering this set to get the copyright and contact info from it (and to see if it even a legit CD and not a CD-R).

My info is direct from an exec of this company earlier today. He was surprised to learn that it was still listed at Amazon and seemed to indicate that he would be in touch with them to remove it. He further said that some were sold before they were notified to cease, but there might still be some left in the 'pipeline.' There were no rarities among the 30 tracks.

So does this Traditions Alive have a website? I really don't see anything offered on this label, when I look, and I wonder if they did Bobby Goldsboro or Pat Boone...

Seems like w/ 30+ tracks, this would not be a Budget Operation, 'cept for perhaps packaging...

But if this company is illegally bootlegging stuff, then no chance will any of us be likely acquiring anything unless something gets put on eBay...

-- Dave

(Get that FastTube™ conveyor rolling...!) :whoa:

I think what remains are from third-party sellers. If he gets the listing removed, one of those sellers will no doubt put it back up.

That is one of those packages for completists only. :agree: I also know that given the quality of the package and the sound, it is nothing Herb ever would have approved of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom