• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

One gathers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimac51

While breezing through ebay this AM,I was reading some descriptions a bit deeper than usual and came across this one. Item 2517667524 describes the condition of 17 Herb Alpert 45s including-"THE WORK SONG-Peaked at # 18 1966. In good condition with minor static. One gathers from the writing that Elaine W used this music for her fire baton routine. B/W PLUCKY." I needed a laugh and that provided a good one. Wonder how Elaine W did in competition? Was anyone hurt? I Guess observers of that routine should be lucky she didn't pick ZORBA or CARMEN. Mac

jimac51 said:
While breezing through ebay this AM,I was reading some descriptions a bit deeper than usual and came across this one. Item 2517667524 describes the condition of 17 Herb Alpert 45s including-"THE WORK SONG-Peaked at # 18 1966. In good condition with minor static. One gathers from the writing that Elaine W used this music for her fire baton routine. B/W PLUCKY." I needed a laugh and that provided a good one. Wonder how Elaine W did in competition? Was anyone hurt? I Guess observers of that routine should be lucky she didn't pick ZORBA or CARMEN. Mac

I saw a girl twirl to the TJB's TOWN WITHOUT PITY on TV once. And, I remember the monologue Julia Shugarbaker delivered on the twirling performance of her sister Suzanne in a Miss Georgia pageant[ it was a flaming baton that evidently knocked out some of the stage lights when she threw it...], calling it the REAL... "NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA"...

Maybe she should have used KEEP YOUR EYE ON ME... :rolleyes:

Dan, with too much time on his hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom