Paul Williams In Concert w/ Melissa Manchester 21-3-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Mark Your Calenders, People! I ordered my tickets to see MELISSA MANCHESTER and PAUL WILLIAMS at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts in Mt. Clemens, MI on March 21, 2004. And they're here, already...the tickets, that is. :laugh:

Figured I would order the tickets this early, as a performance I want to see in a couple weeks SOLD OUT back in July, when the Schedule of Upcoming Events for MCPA came out. So, I figured to be safe, I'd better order my tick's for Melissa & Paul in advance.

Dave

...urging y'all to check YOUR area listings for this performance...OR offering a standing invitation for yous to come join me here... :wink:

Interesting Pairing -Would Love to See Paul Williams in Concert and Listen to Classics Plus Soundtrack / Film Songs :)

Peter

PJ said:
Interesting Pairing -Would Love to See Paul Williams in Concert and Listen to Classics Plus Soundtrack / Film Songs :)

Peter

Hey! Years ago I saw an ad for Paul Williams In Concert on TV. Paul was coming to our Fox Theatre in Downtown Detroit. Forgot how long ago this was--the 80's? He had his long blonde hair and I remembering him singing "Traveling Boy" and "I Won't Last A Day Without You", I think in that order.:cool:

Looking Forward to this performance, though it's not until March of NEXT YEAR! :tongue:artyhat:

Dave

...with my tickets right in my hand... :laugh:

Steven J. Gross said:
Paul Williams does not need anyone. He would be best SOLO!!! He is one of our best modern singer?- songwriters. A musical icon.

I agree that Paul Williams is a legend as a songwriter, but I prefer to hear his songs performed by others. I've just never really taken to his singing voice. Melissa Manchester is my favorite living singer. If she is going to be performing Paul's songs, that would be an event worth attending!

Murray
...wondering if there are any Canadian dates on this tour...

Just another reminder to check your Local Listings of Concert Events or plan on making it to The Macomb Center For The Performing Arts in Mt. Clemens, MI on Sunday, March 21, 2004! A couple weeks from now!

PAUL WILLIAMS & MELISSA MANCHESTER IN CONCERT!

Dave

...figuring we could use a Current Posting of This Event, online...

Just got back from seeing Melissa & Paul! Yes, pretty neat hearing "Music I Grew Up With", along with a lot of surprises! :D

Including a fairly sucessful "meet 'n' greet" albeit a fairly long line, but an acquaintance sitting next to me during the show let me join her in her place in. :wink:

I'll post a Song Set for this SPECTACULAR Show as soon as I get some "Shut-Eye". :yawn:

Dave :winkgrin:

Here is what Paul sang, Melissa sang and Paul AND Melissa sang at their show last night:

1. Paul & Melissa: Come In From The Rain

I Won't Last A Day Without You

Melissa: Evergreen

Paul: Rainy Days & Mondays

Ordinary Fool

Paul with Melissa at end; Think it was: Old Souls (Brasilian song with "Love Learns To Dance" in lyrics)

Melissa: Midnight Blue

When I Look Down That Road

Paul & Melissa: When You Said "Hello"

Paul: You And Me Against The World

Melissa: Don't Cry Out Loud

Paul & Melissa: A Mother & Father's Prayer

And after the Intermission--

Paul: An Old Fashioned Love Song

Out In The Country

You're Gone (?--was recorded by Diamond Rio)

We Fell Too Fast (?)

We've Only Just Begun

Paul & Melissa: Crazy For Lovin' You (?)

Melissa: After All This Time

Angels Dancin'

When Paris Was A Woman

Paul & Melissa: Rainbow Connection--Never got to hear Kermit The Frog sing this one, except on a rainy day a few years ago during a storm, when it didn't come in clearly; the DJ said "Thank You, Kermit!" at the end, as well... :goofygrin:

And the Encore--

Paul & Melissa: Whenever I Call You Friend

So Paul Williams & Melissa Manchester shared the stage very well and after the show, stayed to sign autographs for everyone, too!

And once again, a very enjoyable and spectacular event. Think either (or both) might visit The Corner? Let's Hope! :badteeth:

Dave

I love most all of Manchester's stuff (really underappreciated singer), but I know I speak for my sister as well when I say that I would have felt mugged to have gone to that concert and not heard "You Should Hear How She Talks About You." That's like THE definitive Manchester record to us. We played the living heck out of that record when we were little. :D
Otherwise, sounds like a great set list ...

Yes, I saw Melissa there back in December of 2000. She did "You Should Hear..." and "Pretty Girls", plus a few others not done at this show, including a few Christmas songs.

I would have liked to have seen Paul do "Traveling Boy", "That's Enough For Me" (My favorite line in song: ...I may look sad and I may frown...) and "My Love And I".

But they really gave a very heart-warming performance and I hope they will come back--I would love to see them again!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom