• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Phil Ochs (A Dream-Concert) Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

If a particular performer who has long-Passed Away could come back from "The Great Beyond" and do a show who would you like it to be and what would a particular Concert be like? Unusual for St. Patrick's Day, was this particular and unlikely event, that I was very fortunate to take in...

Phil Ochs, armed with his acoustic guitar was accompanied by a second guitarist, who also played trumpet and clarinet, along with a keyboardist, who also played piano, electric piano & harpsichord and a percussionist who also played a snare-drum...

Here is the would-be Song Set:

Intro to: Is There Anybody Here--Ochs takes the stage, after checking that the microphone is on and asking if "...we can hear us!"

I Ain't A' Marchin' Anymore

What's That I Hear

The Bells

Pretty Smart On My Part

Pleasures Of The Harbor/Crucifiction

Medley:

My Wild Irish Rose/When Irish Eyes Are Smiling/Paddy On The Railway

Jim Dean Of Indiana/Miranda

(Intermission)

Cross My Heart

There But For Fortune

Tape From California

Medley:

Doesn't Lenny Live Here Anymore/Rehearsals For Retirement/No More Songs

Lecture and Anecdotes on Progress of Our War, State of The Nation/World, and actually PRAISING our President and our Soldiers for his/their Effort, and hope that someday we'll say (and SING)...

The War Is Over/I Ain't A' Marchin' Anymore (Reprise)

ENCORE:

Okie From Meskogee

Anecdote on Inflating Gas Prices (...Gas is now near FOUR-Dollars in California, and RISING!)

Gas Station Women

Chords Of Fame

The Song Set was followed by a Post-Performance Meet & Greet, and although Phil was heavily guarded by security, he was very generous in signing autographs, posing for a few pictures (for those who brought their cameras) and of course, we complemented on how great he sounded (though, years ago, his voice lost most of its upper-octave range) and that he gave a Very Totally Awesome Show!

Dave

...With Wishful Thinking on "What Could'a Been" as we approach the Thirty-Year Mark at the time of Phil's Unfortunate Death...! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom