• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I am a younger Carpenters fan and I don't have anything original like LPs, 8 tracks, singles or quad encoded stuff. :sad: I would like to know what is probably most important thing or something very rare. Can you help :?:

Currently I am searching for Carpenters quad releases on lp or 8 track. If you have any suggestions to where I can find this stuff please write in this topic! :)

Hi there

Probably the most important/rare item you could lay your hands on (referred to by Richard as the 'Holy Grail' amongst Carpenters fans) is Karen's 1966 Magic Lamp solo single 'Looking For Love'. This was recorded in Joe Osbourne's garage studio 4 years before they hit the big time, but didn't go anywhere due to

Record Collector in the UK currently have this priced at £1500 if you can find it, but don't hold your breath - only a few remain in existence and Richard owns at least two of them!

Other than that, I'd go for Richard's solo album 'Time' from 1987, Lovelines on vinyl...any others anyone (it's too early and my brain has not yet woken up).

Stephen

The best places to find stuff you don't have are eBay and Gemm. The trick is being patient. You might see some item that you really want, but the price is too high and you think you might never see it again. Take it from me - you'll probably see it again.

Harry
NP: "Time Enough For Tears" - Andrea Corr

You might want to try eil.com - they have original lps and singles. Also, try discoveryrecords.com (they're here in Toronto) they also have original lps in good condition. You can email them if they can look out for lps for you. Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom