• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Prediction For The HA & The TJB Reissues

When do you think the reissues will be released?

• February

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • June or after

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Before February

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plucky87

Take a guess when the reissues will be ready :laugh: It will be fun to look back on this when they come out...until their release lets take a walk in the black forrest...lol

I'm the optomistic guy who voted that they will come out in March! Herb Alpert will turn 70, at least at the end of the month and I think the six, seven or eight months when the announcement was made should be ample time to get those CD's on the market; at least with TECHNOLOGY being what it is...

Hope MY predictions are correct... :confused:

Dave

I'm the "not-so-optimistic" guy who selected "June or sometime later."

Eight months? Larry Levine mentioned working on these at the Julius Wechter tribute and that was what, three years ago? Sure I believe they will come out eventually... I just don't believe it will be anytime soon!

--Mr Bill

I too said June 2005 or later. Specifically, I think they will aim for the Christmas 2005 market.

Harry
...finally nearing the end of an incredibly busy week, online...

Just exactly how long does it take to remaster each song? I'm not trying to be pushy, or anything like that...I just wonder; I'm a neophyte to the world of mixing[ I have a Fostex VF 80CDR...], and I've heard that it can take several hours, at least, to mix a song in stereo...so, it would take at least as long to remix. Maybe one tune per day, if everything goes right...lessee@ 40 hours per week, carry the one and add in the vacation time and holidays...it could concieveably take a couple of years or more; and that's if Herb wasn't doing anything else...so, 2006 is beginning to sound more and more logical. Gives me more time to save up!

Dan, hoping Herb will take his time...

I voted for June 2005 or later. It's bound to take a lot of time to remaster so many albums. I suppose it depends on how they will be released, one at a time, or the whole lot at once. If the former, they could start to appear sooner.

Murray
...who hopes the remasters will also be released in Canada, as he is sick to death of paying high prices for import CDs...

Yeah...I've read all the posts on this subject...and,

I have no idea, or even any basis for a guess...I guess I'll believe it when I see it...whenever that is...

I've also gone for June or later. I remeber when I spoke to Bill Earl at the Julius Wechter concert, he thought we'd see something in three months.....!

Stephen

ThaFunkyFakeTation said:
June or later...with a heavy emphasis on "later"...:wink:

Ed

June...good answer since it does not involve the year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom