• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

RC's Car Collect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I was watching BATMAN FOREVER last night and at one point upon entering Bruce Wayne's garage, There is a vast collection of auto's and motor-bikes. This made me think... Where are Richard's cars? Are they in a museum type thing or does he have them stored away somewhere? I saw Karen's Jag Or Mercede's....some kind o' car, anyway, it was up for auction and I was kind of surprised it wasn't in Rich's hands. Perhaps he has other keepsakes of his late sister. Imagine to have or to hold Karen Carpenter's Grammy? I think I'd rub it like a magic lamp. Oh my God that would be the ultimate edition to a collection. I would probably pass-out when I held it for the first time. I'm not kidding. Just jotting this down my head is getting light. I am Blonde but that's beside the point and doesn't belong in the forum. Anyway, what about the cars??? Is it RC's or Karen's Grammy displayed in the CarpenterS thing? Or are both sets in there? If I were RC I would display my own and keep Karen's in a vault wrapped in silk or velvet. Maybe under my pillow. Or around my neck.

Truly I'm not obsessed,

Jeff

Take care kids,

Jeff

For many years, Richard's possessions, including his cars, leftover fan club memorabilia, Karen's leftover possessions (including her wardrobe, since her clothes were worn by Cynthia Gibb in the movie), were all kept in a hangar/warehouse somewhere in Hollywood.

I'm not sure if this is still the case as I've not heard reference to it for so long now. I do know a while back Richard 'aired' his car collection at Disneyland as part of their look back at 'nostalgia' years.

If you look carefullly at the opening titles of the Yesterday Once More/Only Yesterday video collection, where they are showing multiples scrolling pictures of them (just before Karen sings the opening line of the overture), you'll see an aerial shot of the warehouse, with the HUGE Carpenters logo in red over the entrance doors. :)

Anyone with an update on this?

Stephen

In 'Yesterday Once More' warehouse there are Richard's cars and original sheet music. I think I have read on this forum that there was also Karen's collection.

A fan who went to the warehouse said that he saw Richard's car collection which included "Time" car at the warehouse. (When I asked him about 2nd Ferrari of Richard, he answered he didn't see 2nd Ferrari.)

I guess there are some of members who went to the warehouse. Would you tell more story?

I have seen a picture of Grammy at CPAC. Are they stiil there?

Sakura

newvillefan said:
If you look carefullly at the opening titles of the Yesterday Once More/Only Yesterday video collection, where they are showing multiples scrolling pictures of them (just before Karen sings the opening line of the overture), you'll see an aerial shot of the warehouse, with the HUGE Carpenters logo in red over the entrance doors.

This picture?

carpamsign.jpg

That's not Richard's warehouse - that's a Carpenters billboard at the A&M Studios lot. You can see the revolving A&M sign above it. :)

I have no idea where Richard has parked his cars.

Harry
...getting the facts straight, online...

I think Harry posted a picture to Stephen.

I'm talking about another building. 'Yesterday Once More' warehouse has another 'Yesterday Once More' logo on the wall.

Sakura

Yes, Sakura. You posted a minute before my answer to Stephen.

Harry

Thank you, Harry.

I checked the credit of the program which I saw 'Yesterday Once More' warehouse. It says "Yesterday Once More Warehouse." I think I talked about the program a little last year, the TV series had lasted until last summer. The link doesn't work now. They published a book, but there is not Carpenters in the book. I think I saw Ferrari 365GTB4 and other cars on the program. Richard keeps his sheet music in his cabinet with alphabet order. There were many posters or album cover on the wall in the warehouse.

Drawer A of the cabinet:
A Song For You
A..of Alosbe? havin'
All My Life
All My Tomorrows

All of My Life
All You Get From Love..
An Old Fashioned Christmas
An Old Fashioned Love Song (Carol Bernett Show)

Would you tell me about songs which have not appeared on records or CD's?

[message edited at Sakura's request - HN]

Sakura

Just a general comment: I doubt Richard (or anyone for that matter) would make a warehouse of valuables that obvious. It would most likely be an unmarked building. Security risk.

Well, just how many cars does the ol' boy have?

Who bought Karen's car at auction? It would have to have been one of us, or someone like us.

And, where in the hoo hay are Karen's Grammys?

Must be on a need to know basis,

Jeff

Years ago there was a warehouse called "Yesterday Once More" in Santa Fe Springs, CA (near Downey) where Richard's car collection and possibly memorobilia were kept. I thought I heard that the contents were all moved to another location, but I don't know where. Maybe this is what you are referring to?
:cat:

I have not thought the warehouse was moved. (Didn't I have to delete where it is?)
I think Japanese program was taped summer of 2002 and on air the autumn and a fan saw "Time" car at old warehouse.

Sakura

Why in the world does anyone really care where Richard has stored his cars? Can we please move on?

Harry
...patient, but losing it, online...

Friends,

Out of respect for the privacy of Richard Carpenter and his family and friends, Harry wisely closed this thread. General discussions are OK, but this topic was getting too specific in nature. Please, feel free to send a PM to any of the moderator staff if you have questions, but in the future we would prefer if our members would respect the privacy concerns of the Carpenter family and keep discussions of non-musical topics more general in nature.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom