• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

RE: Trumpeter Mike Vax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may know that I do a Friday/Saturday steady at "La Perla Cafe" in Glendale, AZ. Jazz players will come and sit in and play not just jazz but also Tex-Mex. I had the wonderful pleasure of trumpeter Mike Vax joining the room Friday night and what a great musician. Earlier in the day he had performed for "Glendale Glitters" with the "Desert Winds Symphonic Band". His opener was Raphael Mendez's "La Virgin de la Macarena" (The Great Manolete) His site has some interesting info.
http://www.mikevax.com/index.html
Feliz Navidad...Jay

Oh, now this is exciting Jay. I did Mike Vax's daughter Leslie's wedding cake in April! He and his wife are both very nice people and he is pretty modest. He just barely mentioned to me that he was involved in music, I told him I was going to the Julius concert just after the wedding and he said he knew Julius and Herb. I thought he was just making it up to tease me until I looked his name up on the internet and found all kinds of information about him. Small world stuff, yes? :o

AHA! Now I remember who had sent me to Mike's page all those months ago! :D I was impressed that he was with Kenton's band, not to mention all the other credits.

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom