• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Reel to Reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

stosh

Hey all,

We all know of the Numero Cinco spoken intro mystery. Now I'm wondering if the reel to reel tape has the spoken intro?

Hi Jim,

Welcome to A&M Corner...glad you're here with us!!

Indeed, my Father's reel-to-reel copy had the 'spoken' intro to Numero Cinco. Dad collected reel-to-reels all of his life -- usually on release. We have a lot of those "brochures" for A&M items from the mid to late '60s. You know, "Send for a free four color brochure..." type of thing, so I'm sure Dad's were originals. They're packed away now, but I'm almost sure his were original and/or first runs of the reel-to-reel series.

I do know that his BMB, B'66 and Claudine's were all first releases, so I'll bet the TJB reels are, too. Anyway, yes...his reel did have the 'spoken' intro. Hope this helps.

Jon

OK, since the reels are 4-track stereo, and the CDs were stereo, that stands to reason that there are probably east coast/west coast versions of the stereo LP, and one of them must not have the spoken intro. My stereo copy of the LP does not have the intro...however, I wonder if it is a first pressing or not. The vinyl is heavier than any other A&M LP I own from the early era. Not as heavy as 180g vinyl, but you do notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom